Cabin fever is a minor ailment in comparison with COVID-19 — however lots of people could endure from it within the coming weeks, with so many locations closing and occasions being canceled in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
A number of Salt Lake Metropolis-area entities are remaining open, although with restrictions to remain inside the state of Utah’s really useful limits towards mass gatherings. This record could also be topic to vary, however these are among the many companies working to remain open:
• The Megaplex Theatres chain, which has 15 places in Utah, will keep open. The theaters will restrict ticket gross sales to 75 individuals per auditorium per present. The corporate will even refund pre-purchased tickets to movies — resembling Disney’s “Mulan” — which have modified their launch date in response to the coronavirus outbreak. The meals courts at some theaters will reduce on freshly ready menu gadgets.
• Brewvies Cinema Pub, at 667 S. 200 West in Salt Lake Metropolis, is limiting screenings to 75 individuals every, and increasing the house between screenings to permit extra time to scrub and sanitize the auditorium.
• The Kansas-based AMC Theatres chain — which has three places in Utah: in Layton, West Jordan and Provo — introduced a nationwide initiative to restrict ticket gross sales in each auditorium to 50% of capability.
• The Grand Theatre will proceed its plans to supply “To Kill a Mockingbird,” utilizing Aaron Sorkin’s adaptation of Harper Lee’s novel, beginning March 26. The Grand will likely be restricted to 99 tickets per efficiency.
• The King’s English bookshop is providing a drive-by pickup service, the place clients can order books over the telephone, pay with a bank card, and decide up their purchases with out leaving their automobiles. The shop stays open, however is canceling all writer occasions for the close to future.
• The Phillips Gallery, at 444 E. 200 South, will likely be open regular hours: 11 a.m. to six p.m. Tuesdays by Fridays, 11 a.m. to four p.m. Saturdays.
• Tracy Aviary & Botanical Garden, in Liberty Park, will proceed to be open as typical. Indoor hen exhibits, and some other occasions the place greater than 100 individuals can collect, will likely be canceled by March.